My race plan, in handy outline format:
A. Pick up packet the night before
B. Staying in a nearby hotel
– A Super8 as *everything* else was booked
i. Only the best hotels for us
a. that $48 dollars a night will get you
– teething baby sleeping in a pack and play
i. Oh crap
ii. Please sleep little boy
C. Up by 5am
D. Breakfast and then head to race site
II. The Swim
A. No worries
B. I’ll be in the second wave of starters
– first wave is elites
i. yeah, so, no…I probably won’t pass anyone
– next wave is one of the faster male age groups
i. please don’t run me over
C. I’m hoping to be out of the water in around 12 minutes
– no wetsuit
– temperature will be in the 60s
III. The Bike
A. Given that I am in the second wave of swimmers, I am guessing I will be passed A LOT
i. Please don’t run me over
B. Only goal: finish
– Actually, that’s a lie
i. second goal: don’t fall or crash
ii. third goal: don’t cry
IV. The Run
A. Who cares about the run?
– Getting to the run means I’m done with the bike. Woo!
V. The Afterward
A. I want:
– hugs and kisses from the mister and the baby monkey
– a large diet coke
– a nap
– a very, very good lunch.
i. Perhaps involving guacamole?
ii. definitely involving cheese.