1. I was trying to figure out what 1/22 of $11,500 is and all I could do is stare at the paper and mouth breathe. I honest to goodness have no recollection of how to do figure that out. There is a math tutor sitting outside my office door but I’m embarrassed to go ask her .
(Though I am clearly not to embarrassed to share this with the internet)
2. The clock in my office is broken. It hasn’t been working in weeks. I still keep looking at it and being startled that it is 4 hours earlier than I thought it was.
(Why I haven’t just taken it down yet, I don’t know)
(Why do I look at it in the first place when I have a clock on my computer and I am attached to my computer all day? I do not know)
3. I picked up the baby monkey the other day and swung him around in circles. Doesn’t sound so dumb at first, but two things to consider:
A) Once you do something fun with a toddler you’d better be prepared to do it on command all the time forever
B) Turns out you get dizzy A LOT faster at 31 than at…say…younger than 31
C) Oh don’t mind me, I just need to lie down for a while until the world stops spinning
4. I read an article about one of my favorite singers in which she talks about the challenges of being both a Christian and a lesbian. Reading the article wasn’t a bad idea but I made the mistake of reading some of the comments and I got dumber as a result (from comments on both sides of the political spectrum. People are mean and petty and it is all the more embarrassing when they are a part of your tribe, you know?).
5. I misspelled “dumb” when I started to write the entry.