I just realized that I just missed my 1 year blog anniversary (July 24th, for those of you that want to send gifts next year. I’m sure that is most of you, right?).
One year of writing about the 12 races I was going to do (but didn’t), one year of yammering on and on about my cute kiddo (with pictures too so we can all enjoy the cute), one year of having at least some outlet for the words that are all swimming around in my head.
How about a little recap, then? In the last year I:
– did 5 races, including my first triathlon. Not the 12 races I had planned but I’m still pleased with myself for what I did accomplish
– had almost 10,000 views of this blog, including my biggest day when I had almost 800 visitors (which is so high above the average that I don’t know when or if it will ever happen again)
– Spent about $1000 on fitness related stuff (shoes, a bike tune up, swim suit, race fees, etc). Starting a tri hobby is pricey pricey, but worth it.
– Started to think of myself as an athlete again. Not always, but sometimes. My overall comfort level with myself and my body has improved. My weight hasn’t really changed but I feel more comfortable in my own skin more of the time and that is huge.
– Started writing non-blog stuff more. I really love to write and this year I’ve started on a big writing project. I don’t know what it is yet, exactly, but I know that it is the most content I’ve ever generated and I think that the blog and the practice of writing on a regular basis has helped me with this thing, whatever it ends up being.
Thank you to all of you who read this blog and especially to those who leave comments. It is really nice to know I’m not just talking into a void.
By the way, the 12 races in 12 months thing? I’m going to give it another crack this year. I’ve got my August and September races planned already. I may end up doubling up some races in the spring as races in December/January in Iowa are somewhat hard to find but I think I know where I got off track last year and I have a better sense of what I need to do this year.