Mr. Monkey and I are currently living on the second and third floors of a 103 year old house. The house is pretty and the rent is good but lately I find myself day dreaming about moving. I hate moving and moving out of this house, whenever that happens ,will be a total pain in the ass (living on the second and third floor means EVERYTHING has to go up or down stairs and living in a 103 year old house means narrow doorways and tight corners) but I find myself jogging past other houses in the neighborhood and wondering what might come up for rent when our lease is up in the spring.
As of this moment, I’d really like these things in a house:
– 4 bedrooms so Mr.Monkey and I can each have our own offices. We are good at sharing but in a perfect world we’d each have our own space. Mr. Monkey also has a metric crap ton of books so he needs all the office space he can get
– more than one toilet. I don’t care if it is another full bath or a half or what but I want more than one.
– A kitchen with more than two feet of counter space (no joke, that is how much counter space we currently have)
– A house in the exact same neighborhood we live in now or very very very close to it. We love our neighborhood
– Rent less than $1200 a month
– A landlord that isn’t weird
This isn’t too much to ask for, right? At this point Mr.Monkey and I will be renting for the foreseeable future and it would be nice to find a place we’d like to stay in for a good chunk of time. I’d also like to hire someone else to do all the moving, because moving sucks, but I doubt that will happen.