– I started week two of the new job and I feel energized and excited by the challenges of it. I have tons to learn but I’m really glad I took this position.
– My new admin assistant kicks ass. I can’t overstate how grateful I am for this. I think a big part of a successful start to this job will be in no small part due to her savvy and institutional knowledge.
– We have two cars and I am driving the not great one to the new job. While there is much I don’t like about this car (see the next section for all the whiny details) I do like that the radio is broken. I drive to and from work in silence and I think that is good for me. I don’t do silence a lot in my life and I think the quiet is good for getting me ready to start my day and then ready to spend time with my husband and son at night.
– As I noted in my Bodies post, I am close to gyms now both at home and at work. I’ve already done more exercising this month then I did last month (last month was straight up pitiful, but still: Progress!) and I have a list going of classes I’d like to take at all the gyms I now have access to. And I’m starting to feel optimistic that winter will end here and E. and I can start running together again.
– I drive past the state capital building and it is so lovely first thing in the morning. I look forward to seeing the light shine of the gold dome, it is so pretty.
– I don’t like driving the not so good car. It doesn’t have a passenger side mirror (apparently this model year of this type of car didn’t come with them, which is so weird to me) and I drive on freeways the whole way and I really would like a side mirror. I’ve had this car for over eight years and I just don’t think it is reliable any more and (whine whine whine) I just want a new one.
– Cars are not free.
– But I still want a new (to me) one. With four wheel or all wheel drive. And mirrors on both sides of the car.
– My new office. It is the height of cubicle technology…for 1985. I’ve literally never had a less attractive office. It is just sad.
– My new ID photo. I have to wear it every day and it looks like I’m a smirking stoner.