– show up to a job interview wearing a denim suit
– say, after you’ve been asked to provide references, say “Hey, if I forget to send my references to you, just call and remind me, okay?”
– use the phrase “national public intellectual” to describe yourself. Ever. In any context. (Unless, maybe, you are Cornel West)
– answer “no, not at all” when asked if you think a job you’ve never had, at a place you’ve never worked or set foot in before might be challenging. How could you possibly know that it won’t be?
– submit a four page resume that doesn’t include a phone number on it. Really? Four pages and no room for a phone number?
– make it so damn hard for me to hire you.