1. Money. How much we have in savings, how much I wished we had in savings, how much money we’ll have in the future, how close we are to one our many financial goals, what will happen when our 12 year old car with 140,000 miles dies or needs a major repair. Some times I’m worrying, some times I’m plotting and planning and running multiple scenarios. We’re doing largely okay but I still wonder when I’ll ever feel totally financially safe.
2. My body/my weight. There is never I day I don’t think about it. I just finished reading the book “The End of Overeating” which has totally occupied my thoughts since I’ve read it but I’ve found it to be the kind of thing that I mull over again and again in my mind but have a super hard time verbalizing and talking to the ever willing to have talks Mr. Monkey.
3. My boy and how quickly he is growing and changing. I worry about spending enough time with him, I rejoice in all the ways he is totally delightful, I feel grateful for his little face every day.
4. My job. So many things about my job.
5. My future. Right now I can clearly see two different paths I might like my life to take and they are decidedly an either/or proposition. I both know that I don’t have to decide right now, today, this minute about where I’ll be in 2-5 years but I can’t stop obsessing.
How about you? What occupies most of your mental real estate?