1. It is Friday and the only thing we have to do this weekend is get the boy to swim lessons tomorrow. Hot diggity.
2. My last post has led to a really comforting, helpful email exchange with someone I know from Twitter who seems to have my exact children, only she is ahead of me by about five years. It has been nice to have someone else articulate what I think about and is one of those moments where social media seems like such a good and helpful thing.
3. I got a Fitbit Flex and I like it and am finding it motivating and am actually getting my ass out of my chair more frequently at work, which is a very good thing.
4. Related to #3, my foot is still not 100% better but is like 80-85% better and that is making me feel more optimistic that I won’t have to cut my own right foot off to survive. Plantar Fasciitis sucks.
5. I have two trips to look forward to and I love looking forward to things. We’re going to hit the Twin Cities next month and blow the boy’s mind by going to the Lego store and then we’ll go to Kansas for Thanksgiving with my in-laws, whom I adore (that is a probably a big good thing, right?).
6. So far, knock wood, I’m understanding what is happening in my stats class this fall.
7. My hair has grown out long enough to be worn in a ponytail.
8. I am in one of those phases were I am just besotted with my children. I always love them, of course, but sometimes that feeling is just extra heightened and on the surface. This is one of those times.
9. It looks like my oldest step-son will be coming for a visit this fall which will be so great as we adore him and miss him everyday. Also, we told the boy that he couldn’t watch Star Wars until his brother came, so that will be a big life moment for my light saber obsessed kiddo.
10. I know multiple people at work expecting spring babies. Yay! Babies! And I don’t have to have them!
I know it is dorky to end a post with a question, but I really want to know: what are the small good things going on in your life right now?