A few posts ago, I shared my 37 by 37 list. And, lo!, I have made progress on it. Go me!
1. Improve our family’s net worth by $3700. This should be totally doable thanks to an extra check I’m expecting to arrive soon but making some mortgage payments.
Half way done with this one!
2. Read three books and seven magazines.
I just finished The Royal We and it was delightful. Highly recommend.
Do 37 minutes of yard clean up (blargh. I have the opposite of a green thumb but I can at least pull some weeds).
4. Swim 37 miles
I have completed 3% of this goal so far. Eeep.
5. Ride 370 miles on my bike
2% completed. BUT! The bike is freshly tuned up and I am looking forward to some longer rides very soon.
6. Walk/run 370 miles
7. Send three friends actual paper letters
8. Have 37 days without Diet Coke, my second biggest vice.
9. Add 37 rough draft pages to my dissertation
10. Blog 37 times (this totally counts as #1. Progress!)
10% done on this one!
11. Write 37 pages of fiction (on the story that I can’t shake)
12. In bed before 11:37 every night between now and my birthday. I tend to stay up too late for no real good reason. More sleep is always a good idea.
I have been doing this very consistently. Good job, self.
13. Take the kids swimming at least 3 times.
1 down and it was very fun. This one will be an easy one to accomplish.
14. Play tennis with Miles at least 3 times.
15. Eat breakfast at home 37. I have a bad skipping breakfast habit.
16. Bring lunch to work 37 times. I also have a bad buying lunch habit.
Purge 37 pieces of clothing from my overstuffed closet/drawers. I’m not willing to commit to a capsule wardrobe yet but I have clothes ranging in sizes from 14-24 and have some things that I am sure I haven’t worn in at least a year.
DONE! Man, I have a lot of clothes. I was chatting with a friend about our shared clearance problem. I really need to kick the “buy 5 crappy things on sale versus one nice thing for full price” habit.
18. Purge 3 pairs of shoes. This one will be harder than the clothing thing, I predict.
19. Go to the gym 37 times. We get a discount if we go 12 times in a month and I’ve never made it. C’mon self.
5% complete on this one.
20. Try 7 new dinner recipes. I’ve been in a bit of a cooking rut and I’d like to find a few new staple recipes.
21. Have 3 dates with Mr. Monkey. Even if they are just quick ones, I need to see more of his face without kids in between us.
We went out for dinner on Mother’s Day and it didn’t miss the kids at all.
22. Take 3 days off of work to work on the dissertation.
Submit at least 3 columns for my new gig at Inside Higher Ed.com
Done, and two have already run.
24. Spend 37 hours relaxing in my new hammock. Damn I love my hammock.
25. Make $37 on eBay or through my neighborhood garage sale site by selling stuff we don’t need/use. Use $37 to start savings accounts for the kids.
Pending pick up on some gently used jammies, I’ve made $9 on outgrown kids stuff on my neighborhood Facebook page. Not enough to get rich, but clearing out space and getting some money feels good.
26. Make a “summer fun” to-do list to better explore our new city.
27. Take Miles to a professional ballgame.
28. Plan one-on-one time with Ev for at least 3 times.
Coordinate a gift exchange with some of my neighborhood friends.
Done! And had over 30 friends sign up for it, which is delightful.
30. Go hiking
31. Help Miles learn to ride without training wheels
32. Learn to sew a simple dress for Evelyn.
33. Get over my fear of plaster walls and get three pictures hung in the house.
34. Sign up for a triathlon
I am very close to pulling the trigger on this one despite the fact that the run is 4 miles instead of 3.
35. Complete the Point to LaPointe race.
36. Dye my hair a different color, just to see.